Note: this article is for Web Easy 6 and prior releases (verion 5 and 4). If you are using Web Easy 7 please visit this article for an easier way to fix your uploading issue.
Web Easy 7 Users click here.
Sometimes it is necessary to clear some account information on your computer in order for your website to upload correctly. Below you will be taken through 3 steps to perform a full site recovery.
Step 1: Deleting temporary HTML files
1. Open your My Documents folder
2. Double-click the WebEasy folder
3. Double-click the HTML folder
4. From the menu bar, select Edit -> Select All
5. From the menu bar, select File -> Delete
Note: By default WebEasy stores your album file in a different folder (\My Documents\Documents\), so it's safe to delete these files, even if it contains files from a different website.
Step 2: Deleting account files
1. Close out of WebEasy, and the Instant Publisher
2. Right-click your Start Button, select Explore
3. Navigate to the following folder path:
C:\Program Files\VCOM\Web Easy Pro\iEasySite\wnkdata\
Note: Windows Vista users need to go to C:\Users\[Current User]\AppData\Roaming\Avanquest
4. Delete the sub-folder that contains the name of your website
Note: If you have multiple folders listed, only delete the folder that is name of your website in question. This will not harm your website data.
Step 3: Performing an account recovery
1. Open your website in WebEasy
2. From the menu bar, select Build -> Website (HTML)
3. Check mark "Publish on Internet"
4. Press OK
5. On the cue card, select the Preferred Web Hosting Service (recommended) option.
Note: If you do not see this cue card, then you may need to enable it by going to Tools -> Options, then check mark Show Cue Cards. Then go to Tools -> Publish Assistant.
6. Select Publish a new website, press Next
7. Select Publish a site created with VCOM software, press Next
8. Check mark your website package, press Next
9. Select the hosting package you signed up for, press Next
Note: If you choose the wrong package, you will either upgrade or downgrade the plan level for your hosting account. If you have questions, please contact our billing department.
10. Type in your same website password, retype it, press Next
11 Select "Use a domain I already own"
Note: If you do not see this option, select "I would like to transfer an existing domain"
12. Press Next
13. Type in the name of your website, press Next
Note: Do NOT put "www." in front of your website name.
You should get the following message: "Web site name 'http://www.yourdomain.com' is active. Would you like to recreate this web site? Click 'Yes' to re-open this web site or 'No' to create another web site."
Note: Do NOT proceed if you see another message. Please verify you entered the correct password and website name. If this is still a problem, please contact our support department.
14. Press Yes
15. Press Next
16. Select Using Current Payment, press Next
17. Uncheck "Upload Files Now", as shown below, press Finish
18. Select "I Agree" on the License Agreement
19. Press Finish
20. Select Update an existing web site, press Next
21. Proceed through the rest of the publisher to upload your website