A new feature that is in WebEasy 5 allows you to import HTML pages. This is very handy if you lost your website data, and need to import it. Below are the procedures for downloading your website data off our servers, and then importing it in WebEasy.
Step1: Downloading your website
1. On your computer, press Start -> Run
Note: Vista users just need to press their Start button and enter Step 2 in their "Start Search" bar, which is right above their Start button.
2. Type in "explorer.exe ftp://domain.com" (without the quotes)
Note: For domain.com, you will need to enter the name and extension of your website.
3. Press OK or [Enter]
4. When prompted, enter your username and password, as shown below:
5. Press Log On
6. Double-click the httpdocs folder
Note: If you do not see the httpdocs folder, double-click the wwwroot folder.
7. From the menu bar, go to Edit -> Select All
This will highlight all the files.
8. From the menu bar, go to Edit -> Copy
9. Open My Computer, navigate to the folder you want to download your website data to
10. From the menu bar, go to Edit -> Paste
This will download your website files to your computer.
Step 2: Importing your website in WebEasy
1. Open WebEasy
2. From the menu bar, go to File -> New -> Import Website...
3. On the cue card, select I wish to continue
4. Using Look In drop-down menu, navigate to the folder that contains your website files
5. Double-click the folder (if there is one)
6. Double-click the "index.html" file and press Open. If you do not see "index.html", select "index.htm".
This will import your entire website.
Note: When you are finished importing your website, you will need to spend some time in repositioning the items on your pages in Web Easy. The software does not get everything exactly how you had it on your original site.
Step 3: Website Recovery
Once you import your website, you will need to perform a website recovery which will add your website name to the publisher so you can upload to us. Click the link below for instructions on how to do this.
How to perform a site recovery
Step 4: Backing up your website in WebEasy
In the future, it is strongly recommended that you backup your website in Web Easy. It is a simple procedure, that can save you countless hours in re-creating your website. For instructions to backup your website in Web Easy, please click on the following link:
Backing up your website in WebEasy